Monday, January 30, 2012

Fruit picking in SE Queensland?

Hi!



My boyfriend and I want to go fruit picking - not as a job, but just to visit open farms and pay to pick your own fruit and take it home! There used to be a place in the Gold Coast hinterland where you could go blueberry picking, but it's not there any more.



Any info would be great!!



Thanks :)

Fruit picking in SE Queensland?
I starred your question hoping someone else would answer, as I haven't got much info, but as they haven't so far I'll give it a go.



The only fruit-growing place I know in SE Qld [apart from the pineapple plantations in the Glasshouse mountains region], is the Granite Belt, with its capital in Stanthorpe. Grapes, apples, peaches and other cool-climate fruits are grown there as the region is elevated and much cooler than most of Qld. It's a really picturesque area and well worth a visit, quite different from the Gold Coast. Please note, it's FROSTY in winter!

Gumps

No comments:

Post a Comment