Friday, January 27, 2012

Am I allergic to fruit or is it the residual pesticide?

Whenever I eat fruits, well particularly watermelon, plums and other fruits my lips tend to swell just a teensy bit and my gums and lips tend to itch really bad. I rinse my fruits off very well before I eat them so I wanted to know could this be that I'm allergic to the fruit or could it be residual pesticides thats is somehow still left after rinsing?

Am I allergic to fruit or is it the residual pesticide?
Unfortunately, I know a lot about allergies. Fruits are a very common allergy. Pesticides cover the outside of the fruit. So, grapes, apples, plums, and other foods where you typically eat the skin, would have quite a bit of pesticide on them. With watermelon, canteloupe, mango and other fruits where you typically do NOT eat the outer covering it couldn't be the pesticide triggering the allergic reaction, it would be an allergy to the actually food. There is also the possibility that you are allergic to both. You could rule out the pestide allergy by purchasing organic fruits and see if you still are producing an allergic response. If organic fruits are out of your budget you can try canned fruit that has the skin removes such as: pears, grapefruit, and peaches. I wish you luck; food allergies are not fun.
Reply:You should go see an Allergist. He will hopefully be able to tell you if it's a food allergy or a chemical one. If it's chemical, which is what I have, unfortunately it will be practically impossible to establish which chemical is causing this reaction. So hopefully, it's a food allergy, then you can at least avoid that food. Good luck.

Beauty Home

No comments:

Post a Comment