Friday, January 27, 2012

Fruit Arrangements?

My brothers graduation party will be coming up and we want to make fruit arrangements... like a stand with various cut up fruits on skewers. Aside from just looking at pictures of examples, any ideas on what to use for the stands %26amp; skewers? Just trying to be creative :)

Fruit Arrangements?
I did this for mothers day and my daughters birthday, everyone love it and it was so cheap. For my daughters birthday I got Styrofoam cones and wrapped them in saran wrap. i used strawberries, grapes, melon, cantaloupe, honey dew and pineapple. I cut out the fruit with fondant cutters, they're smaller than cookie cutters, make sure to slice the fruit thin enough for the fondant cutters to cut all the way thru. then i stuck the fruit on to the styrofoam cone with tooth picks. It was very cute but I think my 2nd method worked out much better. this time I got a few plastic rectangle shaped planters, the kind u put in ur window sill. I put a piece of rectangle shaped styrofoam in the bottom. I used the wooden skewers u use to make shishkabobs and stuck the blunt in into the styrofoam. Then on the other end i put fruit cut into flower shapes. THis time i cubed the honeydew and cantaloupe, because if u try to use the fondant cutters u waste of lot of the fruit because of the seeded middle. So I had watermelon and pineapple flowers, with cubed cantaloupe and honeydew, then i would cover about a 1/2 to 2/3's of a skewere alternating 3 green grapes to one strawberry. then i covered the styrofoam at the bottom with some kale, it was very cute, easy fast and cheap

arenas

No comments:

Post a Comment