Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Haloween costume, fruit bowl! Help? =] Thanks?

Me and my three friends have a very...unique idea for halloween. We would be a fruit bowl. And we'd all be fruit. The out fits would be cut at the bottom and sewn into the "bowl" so we could slip in and out. We might have a peice of yarn attaching each side of the bowl to us, since we'll be in a square (2 and 2). To hold the bowl up. What are some tips, and what's the area and circumference of the materiel for the bowl, I think it should be 50 inches across. Help?

Haloween costume, fruit bowl! Help? =] Thanks?
We did something similar in college. We were the Fruit of the Loom people. The problem was that unless we constantly stayed together, people just thought we were separate pieces of fruit. And the grape won the costume contest. So think about whether you want to be with these people for the entire night constantly. And how will you handle bathroom breaks.
Reply:That is really a cute idea!! And the fruit jokes abound!!



Visually, I don't think I am seeing this well enough to give you measurements on you bowl as you had requested but I thought I would toss out one suggestion: Consider having each of you wear more than one piece of fruit. So one would be a banana and grapes while the next would be a red apple and then a green apple with the third an orange and something. This might help you not be mistaken for fruit of the loom people.



I imagine there might actually be patterns out there for fruit costumes that you could modify. Try JoAnn Fabrics and Hancock fabrics and I suppose on line.



Best of luck!! I would love to see pictures of this when you get it!


No comments:

Post a Comment